Thursday, September 13, 2012

Fab Finds ~ Ka'oir Cosmetics


Bold colors! Only the fab can rock -  not for the drab!
This is my own personal mini collection!
 I stumbled upon Ka'oir as I was in search for the main chick in Timberland feat. Drake's "Say Something" video. I loved her hair cut in that video and was on the hunt, determined to find it to take to my stylist (thus why I have a Mohawk today). My search landed me on her website.

I have about 7 lipsticks, from the very bold that you see in the picture, to less bodacious colors I wear to work every day (Invisible below is the one I rock the most in my professional life).


Source: www.kaoir.com
She began with the lipsticks and has since expanded her collections to include nail polish or what the CEO Keyshia Ka'oir calls "Nail Lacquers," "Lip Pops" (lip glosses), "Glitzsticks," and eye shadows. I love the clever names for her lipsticks and nail lacquers, "Rude Girl" (deep purple), "Jamaica" (green), "Baby Blue," "Gorgeous" (bright magenta) and the nail lacquers, "Ouch," "Naughty & Nice,"  "Oh Baby" and "Bouge' Blue" (Left to right in the pic above).
I'm very picky when it comes down to lipsticks. If it's cheap my lips will break out, I'm always skeptical especially buying cosmetics online that I have yet to try out, however, I have been more than pleased! Her lipsticks and nail lacquers are long lasting. The lipsticks go on smooth and creamy. I wear my own nails so most of the time nail polishes don't last long on real nails, but I've found the nail lacquers last about a week (I've had freshly done manicures from nail salons that last only a few days).

Me rockin Rude Girl
I can't tell you how many times I've gotten compliments on my lipsticks! I was even featured on her website under her Ka'oir Dolls, rocking' "Rude Girl" =)

Someone made a comment "at your age you shouldn't" rock these bright lipsticks...to that person I say, who says I CAN'T at my age?! Fashion is defined by the INDIVIDUAL not what society says one can and can't wear. A style icon is that because she goes against the norm of what naysayers say can and can't be done and sets her own trend. I'm certainly not calling myself a style icon but I also don't subscribe to the BS belief that I can't rock a purple lip when the occasion calls! Again, in my professional life I certainly don't wear purple lipstick to work.

You be the judge and see for yourself! Check out her website http://www.kaoir.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment