Monday, September 10, 2012

Coming into my own

I was always ahead of my time in the fashion sense...maybe too far ahead as in my childhood days having a fashion forward sense of style oftentimes ostracized me and had me ridiculed. I survived however!

I truly didn't start coming into my own sense of style until my late 30s, when I got comfy with the skin I was in. I went from being this tomboy, wearing baggy jeans, t-shirts and hair slicked back in ponytail, to this girlie girl who now wore foundation, eyeliner, and bold red lipstick.

My style is a contradiction. I mix classy with bohemian and I love the androgynous look - a blazer is a staple in my closet, all kinds and colors! Not big on accessories, I prefer diamond, pearl studs or hoop earrings and pearl bracelets and silver bangles (told ya a contradiction). I love classy pieces like watches (yes I still do wear a watch), and minimize necklaces to simple pieces (the one I wear daily has "love" written on it).

I prefer wedges to stilettos and lately I've been on a huge sneaker kick, finding the latest trend of wedge heeled sneakers quite funky and complimentary to many outfits.

Of course you can tell by my pic, I rock a Mohawk....I find it versatile, I can wear it curly, straight or when I'm trying to be professional, pinned up.

We all have our uniqueness about us...embrace it and do share I'd love to see your passion for fashion and all things swag!

G

No comments:

Post a Comment